First and foremost this is basic organic chemical. In this case it is called “recrystallization”. Jar Tech and Diamond Mining refer to the product and the process for achieving them.
Diamonds and sauce is all about encouraging separations of cannabinoids, terpenes, and cannabinoids. The end product can be extremely flavorful. Many dabbers who like live resin prefer crystallization of “terp Sauce”.
Live resin shatter contains a higher amount of terpenes that cured resin. As a result, it is more vulnerable to nucleation. This was once considered a risk as it affects the stability that customers seek in good shatter. Extractors now precrystallize BHO to appeal to cannabis consumers who prefer the sugar consistency.
A Word on Rerystallization
The article is focused on recrystallization methods of hydrocarbon extractions as most recrystallized products made with them are commercially viable. But it is technically possible for any cannabis concentrate to be recrystallized that hasn’t had its carboxylated. So long as there are cannabinoid, they can be used in creating crystal structures. However, most of the well-known methods of recrystallization require solvent.
Diamond mining can be done either with cured or live resin. However, it is easier to do so with live resin. You can’t get high-quality, potent cannabis by using cured resin. Each strain has its own characteristics when it comes to crystallization, resin stability, and other factors. Most of extraction is science. But this is an area where it can become an art. Finding the right strain is a matter of trial and error.
The process works in the same way as other BHO products, with butane. Once you have extracted unpurged live resin, it’s now time to purge the material at 90 degrees F. This should not be higher than 100 degrees fahrenheit. This will eliminate most of the residual solvent, but it won’t remove all. After the resin has separated, it is put in containers. As the solids of the resin begin to separate from the volatile terpenes, cannabinoid crystallines will form on the bottom. These crystals then turn into semi viscous liquid. It’s time for the final purge after you have completed stacking all crystals.
Diamond Mining: 9 Steps to the Rerystallization Process
- Get some BHO out of some high-quality material. It is fine to use dried buds, but the best start material is live resin.
- The BHO should still be viscous. Pour it into a mason vase. Place the lid on the mason jar.
- Keep the jar at room temperature. Be aware of the formation and timing of crystalization.You can influence the process’s length or the clarity of the formations by adjusting the temperature.
- Your jar may need to be vented to allow you to open it when you are checking on it.
- As the THCA crystals form over time in this soupy state of pressurization, they begin to fall from suspension to the bottom. The volatile Terpenes will rise and form a viscous coating on top of the mix.
- After you are satisfied that the crystal formation is satisfactory, you can pour out the terps and separate the crystals.
- Terpenes can either be stabilized by purging or re-added into crystals for flavor.
- To further refine the THCA, wash it in another hydrocarbon (pentane) to remove any residual solvents.
- Dab it.